Hosts: Vinayak Nair, Vikram Mohan
Show date: 20 March 2017
- Broken News
- Android dominates India smartphone market with 97% marketshare
- Google splits Hangouts in two – Chat and Meet – But chaos still reigns supreme
- You can now book your Uber from Google maps – and maybe get Rs.50 off
- Nintendo switch launches – but faces lots of hardware and software issues
Feature: Social Network Series – Facebook
- Go to settings>Privacy and review your privacy settings NOW
- DO NOT add people you don’t know in the real world
- Avoid opening Facebook accounts for minors – if you must restrict friends to immediate family
- Facebook tracks your browsing even when you are not on the site – remember that and use incognito where necessary
- If you are suspicious of a video link or a quiz or anything, open it in incognito mode
March 15, 1985 – The first Internet domain symbolics.com is registered by Symbolics, a Massachusetts computer company.
March 14 1994 – Linus Torvalds posted to comp.os.linux.announce that Linux kernel release 1.0. had arrived
March 12, 1989 –Tim Berners-Lee submits a proposal to CERN for developing a new way of linking and sharing information over the Internet.
March 5, 1995 – The Yahoo! search engine officially launches on the Internet.
talking Stuff, your Indian podcast network .