Show date: August 28 2016
Hosts: Vinayak Nair, Vikram Mohan
Google releases Android 7.0 Nougat – But where are the Nexus phones?
WhatApp wants to share your phone number with Facebook. And you really don’t have a choice.
Reliance continues to ‘unofficially’ roll out Jio network
Your choices for making your ‘dumb TV’ smart include:
- Android TV / ChromeCast
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire TV
- XBOX or PlayStation
Vikram recommends NVidia Shield Android TV. But get it from the US if you can. Too expensive in India.
Vinayak (once again) makes an excellent case for buying a Chromecast
Tips and Picks
Vinayak’s App pick
- Simple Finance tracker, helps organize your finances
- Built by Indian company for Indian users esp.
- Works automatically by tracking your SMSs – so no need to manually input
- Gives reports on your expenses – balances, due dates etc
- Helps splits expenses
- Money manager that doesn’t require lots of your time
Find your android phone by simply typing “Find my phone” in Google
Original talking Tech theme by Srikanth Devarajan of Studio1234
talking Stuff, your Indian podcast network .